‘Tekwill in Every School’ is launching Hackathon: Eco-School for students and teachers in general secondary education institutions in 3 districts of the Gagauzia ATU region: Comrat, Ceadir-Lunga and Vulcanesti, which are part of the ‘Tekwill in Every School’ project.
The contest aims to transform schools in the Gagauzia ATU region into environmentally friendly institutions and to achieve the following objectives:
- Identifying solutions to make more efficient use of water and energy resources in the school and waste management.
- Designing a public awareness campaign with the active involvement of students, teachers, parents and the community to promote the identified solutions to transform the institution into an eco-friendly school.
Students will design a Public Awareness Campaign for one of the 3 proposed issued:
- Efficiency of water consumption in schools
- Sorting, recycling waste in schools
- Efficiency of energy consumption in schools
The teams created will be guided throughout the school year by a team of mentors, IT specialists and environmental specialists for the proposed project to be feasible.
The solution will be presented to the jury by 5 April 2022. The teams shall use the digital skills acquired during the optional courses offered by ‘Tekwill in Every School’: Graphic Design, Web Design and Development and Entrepreneurship.
The winning teams, including each team member, will receive prizes consisting of e-books, Samsung Bluetooth headphones and smart watches.
- Start Hackathon: 21 December 2021
- Mentoring sessions for teams: January – March 2022
- Deadline for sending/uploading final projects: 05 April 2022
- Jury evaluation of projects and designation of winners: April 2022